CARLOS BARAHONA POSSOLLO
Born in Lisbon in 1967.
Graduated in Painting, final mark of 18/20, from the Faculty of Fine Arts of the Lisbon University.
In 1995 he accepted an invitation to teach at the Faculty.
He had read Architecture at the Technical University of Lisbon from 1986 to 1989.
Since 1995 he has been co-operating with the Portuguese Mail in the production of originals for the printing of stamps, notably their commemorative series of the 500th
anniversary of Vasco da Gama’s arrival in India, and also with the Portuguese edition of the National Geographic Magazine (first nine issues). Present in the following collections: Bank of Portugal, Setubal Museum, Museum of Communications, U.C.C.L.A., The White House (Washington), Istituto per le Opere Religiose (IOR-Vatican) and many private colletions.
- “Return to Iconography”, Bocage House, Setubal City Council, December 1992
- “On The Egyptian Book of The Dead”, The Portuguese National Library, Lisbon, November 1993
- “Return to The Sublime”, Corpo Santo House, Setubal city Council, March 1995
- “Of Light and Darkness”, Belem Municipal Library, Lisbon, November1996
- “Painting”, at The Portuguese Embassy in Belgium, Brussels, November 1998
- “Vanitas”, Corpo Santo House, Setubal City Council, December 1999
- “Painting”, CTT (Portuguese Mail) Gallery, Lisbon, April 2000
- “Painting”, IADE, Institute of Visual Arts, Design and Marketing, Lisbon, May 2003
- “Egyptian Themes”, for the National Day of Egypt, at the residence of His Excellency the Arab Republic of Egypt in Portugal, July 2004
- “Painting”, Sala do Veado, National Museum of Natural History, Lisbon, November 2006
- “Painting”, Sala do Veado, National Museum of Natural History, Lisbon, March, 2009.
- “The Painter and Light”, Galleria PGD, Rome, May 2011.
- “The Spring Salon”, Casino Estoril, August 1988
- “Second Leiria Gathering of Young Photographers”, Leiria, 1990
- Fonte Nova Centre Art Contest, sponsored by the Portuguese Discoveries Commission, (Honourable Mention), Lisbon, June 1991
- “1st INATEL Contest of Painting and Sculpture”, Almada Negreiros Gallery, Lisbon, October 1992
- “Small Format and Etching”, Casino Estoril, January 1993
- Arte e Mania Gallery Opening Exhibition, Lisbon, May 1993
- “Young Art”, Casino Estoril, December 1993
- “100 Years of Painting in Setubal”, organised by the Setubal City Museum at the Galerie de l’Espace culturel Buzanval, Beauvais, December 1993
- Exhibition in Honour of António Quadros, IADE, Lisbon, March 1994
- “The Nostalgia of The Impossible”, Conventual Gallery, Alcobaça, May 1994
- Milan International Art Fair – MIART, Salone dei Giovani, Milan, May 1994
- 1994 Graduates’ Exhibition, National Fine Arts Society, Lisbon, June 1994
- “O Desejado” (King Sebastian), Conventual Gallery, Alcobaça, December 1994
- “Kunst und Design an der Universität Lissabon”, within the Portuguese Universities’ Culture Week for
Luxembourg, European Culture City 1995, at the Europaische Akademie für Bildende Kunst, Trier, Germany, April 1995
- “L’Art et le Design au Portugal”, Portuguese Universities’ Culture week, for Luxembourg European Culture City 1995, Foyer Européen, Luxembourg, May 1995
- “Return to Pedro and Inês”, Conventual Gallery, Alcobaça, October 1995
- “Eight Contemporary Artists”,Evoë Gallery, Oporto, February 1996
- “5th Union Fenosa Exhibition”, Estacion Maritima, A Corunha, Spain, July/August 1997
- “Tears of Pedro and Inês”, The City Room, Santa Cruz Monastery, Coimbra, June 1998
- “Sea Senses”, within the Ocean Festival, Dom Fernando Frigate, Lisbon, August 1999
- “International Salon of Contemporary Art”, Oeiras, June 2002
- “Art London”, London International Art Fair, at Burton’s Court, Chelsea, with Thomas Corman Arts Gallery, June 2004
- “The painter’s look upon the centennial of the Republic”, Gallery Paula Cabral, Lisboa, May 2010.